Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Very First BLOG!

Well hello there, and welcome to my very first blog post! I used to do this blogging thing a long time ago. I kept a blog for almost two years then stopped writing. It's a long story that I may one day tell you all, but for right now, I'm feeling that familiar writing itch and I'm ready to open the windows into my thoughts, feelings, likes and dislikes. First let me introduce myself. My name is Christina, or Chrissy to anyone who has known me since I was born. I'm 32 and living in Philly, PA with my hubby, Doug, and my two children, Calvin (10) and Amelia (3).

When you read this title you may be thinking that this will be a blog about things that I love. Well, you're absolutely correct! I have a very long list of those! First and foremost, there's the family. I live each day for them...don't we all? I have the most awesome kids who make me laugh each day. My hubs is my best friend and I'm so glad we found each other. I have two very cooky parents. Seriously, they're cooky. Dad was in the Vietnam war, Mom was a hippy protesting against it. I'm the oldest of their two children. In February 2010, my brother Chris took his own life. He was 15 months younger than me, and was my very first best friend. We were always mistaken for twins and we also acted like it. Chris was a Philadelphia Police Officer of almost six years, and I was so very proud of him! After dealing with years of depression and anxiety, his road, and our lives came to a crashing hault. My life is forever changed and I miss Chris terrible each and every day. My family and I have our tough days, but we have each other and we know that as long as we have each other, we'll be OK. I have the bestest friends a girl could ever ask for! They are my extended family and count on them as much as the family I was born into.

I do TONS of volunteer work! Everthing from church, to cub scouts, to helping with suicide awareness and prevention, to work in the AIDS/HIV community...I'm working for free more than I am home most weeks. I love every bit of it, and I do it to show my children that there is more to life than just "us". Our purpose is to serve others as the Lord wills us to.

I. Am. A. Product. JUNKIE, and believe it or not, I hate shopping. Now, I know what you're thinking, "Um, you like products, but you hate to shop?". Yep...that's me! I'm selective about where I shop, and when I find something good, I want to share it with the world. Now I can do that! I want to use this blog to review things I'm using, and tell you what I like, and what I can live without. As for now, I'm writing to myself, but I hope I can expand my audience and help others. I will try and post often and keep things current.

So, thank you for taking this journey with me and stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment