Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My Most Recent Love!

I'm a huge fan of lots of things and recently I've been watching YouTube videos of other fans and I've been joining message boards for some favorite retail companies. One of those companies is dishing out one of my favorite things, CANDLES!

Candles by Victoria is a small, family-made company out of Van, Texas with a HUGE following! I stumbled upon Victoria and her candles after watching hauls and reviews of other small companies. One night, I went to the website and was simply awe struck. The amount of fragrances was endless (actually, it's over 700 scents long!). I literally spent a few hours over two days just reading scent descriptions and wondering just how many candles did I really need. I have purchased candles from many main stream retailers in the past, but none of those companies had a list this large. Anyway, as I was reading, I was tasting the descriptions! Lovely names such as Cinnabon, Cinnamon Apple Berry, Caramlized Pralines and Kettle Corn were just begging me to purchase them! I tend to love bakery scents, so these were the most mouth watering and dreamy. After a few weeks of plotting and wishing, I broke down and placed my very first order. I will never forget that first box! The smell...OMG, Heaven must smell like that box. For real.

My order was shipped in a little over a week and was perfect when it arrived. Every candle was wrapped tightly in tape and bubble wrap. After fighting and ripping the wrapping off, I braced myself and sniffed my very first candle. It was a 16oz. royal blue candle I had created myself. OH YEAH, in the wonderful world of CBV, you can create a scent! You just combine two of her scents, pick a color, give it a name and it's all your's! My scent is called Cubmaster's Delight and it's divine! It's a mixture of Chocolate Chip Cookies and Marshmallow Campfire. So yummy! I went through all of my treasures and found myself opening jars on and off hours later just to sniff and smile. I did let my candles cure, or settle, for a few days before lighting them. Victoria encourages curing so you can get the most from your scents. These scents are so authentic and if the description say there's something there, it is there. I promise! She has fun candles too! Candles mixed to make realistic looking deserts. I want to post pics, but my laptop is in shop and I can't upload pics from my iPad. I have made about six orders in total and two of my favorite candles are called S'mores Galore and Chocolate Fudge, Cinnamon Sugar Cookie Surprise...these are just lovely works of art that I will post pics of ASAP. The detail Victoria and her family puts into each candle shows how much they love and care for their customers!

Aside from candles, Victoria offers Scent Shots, which are small tubs of hardened wax that can be melted on a tart warmer. She also offers warmers on her site. If the scent if in a candle, it's in a scent shot. These come in handy in places where lighting a candle may be difficult, or if you want a powerful punch from a scent. I have purchased A LOT of these, along with two warmers. She also sells her authentic scents in oils and reed diffusers.

Overall, Candles by Victoria is a fantastic company that will forever have my home scent/gift giving business! I will post often about them and I will try and get pictures up often, so fasten you smelly seat belts!

No comments:

Post a Comment